MaintenanceTo preserve Al Rehab on the long run, every owner deposits a fixed down-payment that is part of the contract, the amount of which is allocated for life-time cleaning and personal maintenance of the whole city. The maintenance department takes care of Al Rehab’s plumbing, electricity, telephones, drainage system. Daily regular check-ups are undertaken to ensure that everything is operating according to plan. In the event of a breakdown in any facility, repair is just a phone call away.
Protection of the Environment:
A plan has been set to preserve cleanliness and order in Al Rehab. The plan involves the following:
1) Collecting garbage: Garbage is collected and removed daily from in front of flats and villas at a fixed hour.
2) Sweeping and cleaning the streets: A specially equipped truck sweeps the streets of Al Rehab on a regular basis. After cleaning and sweeping the streets, all waste or litter is also removed.
3) Sweeping the buildings’ interiors: Once a week the buildings’ staircases will be mopped using water and detergents.
4) Insect repelling spraying system: All stages are sprayed on a daily basis. Two spraying devices carried on trucks spray the main roads, three devices are used manually by assigned staff for interiors and green areas, and two devices are used for the villa areas right after sunset.
5) Fighting mice and rats: Every six months rat poison is placed in strategic areas that are out of children’s and parents’ reach.
6) Getting rid of stray dogs: In coordination with the New Cairo Police Station and Horsemen, specialized people are assigned the task of ridding Al Rehab of stray dogs on a monthly basis.
Warning signs such as “Do Not Disturb”, “Playing Football is Not Allowed” and others will soon be placed in their allocated places.